1. Quan Xiong, Benjamin W. K. Ang, Tao Jin, Jonathan W. Ambrose, Raye C. H. Yeow. "Earthworm-Inspired Multi-Material, Adaptive Strain-Limiting, Hybrid Actuators for Soft Robots" Adavanced Intelligent Systems,2023
2. LC Hernandez Barraza, A Khalil Khan, CH Yeow. “A bioinspired modular soft robotic arm” Engineering Research Express, 2023
3. Ajinkya Bhat, Jonathan William Ambrose, Raye Chen-Hua Yeow. “Composite Soft Pneumatic Actuators using 3D Printed Skins” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2023
4. Jin Guo, Zeyu Li, Jin-Huat Low, Qianqian Han, Chao-Yu Chen, Jun Liu, Zhuangjian Liu, Chen-Hua Yeow. “Kirigami-Inspired 3D Printable Soft Pneumatic Actuators with Multiple Deformation Modes for Soft Robotic Applications” Soft Robotics, 2023
5. Ajinkya Bhat, Shobhit Sandeep Jaipurkar, Li Ting Low, Raye Chen-Hua Yeow. “Reconfigurable Soft Pneumatic Actuators Using Extensible Fabric-Based Skins” Soft Robotics, 2023
6.Benjamin Wee Keong Ang, Chen-Hua Yeow, Jeong Hoon Lim." A Critical Review on Factors Affecting the User Adoption of Wearable and Soft Robotics" Sensors, 2023.
7. Tao Jin, Tianhong Wang, Quan Xiong, Yingzhong Tian, Long Li, Quan Zhang, Chen-Hua Yeow. “Modular Soft Robot with Origami Skin for Versatile Applications” Soft Robotics, 2023
8. AN Cuttilan, RF Natividad, RCH Yeow. “Fabric-Based, Pneumatic Exosuit for Lower-Back Support in Manual-Handling Tasks” Actuators, 2023
9. L Hernandez-Barraza, A Fraiszudeen, D Lim, CH Yeow. “Development of a Novel Hybrid Securing Actuator for a Self-securing Soft Robotic Hand Exoskeleton” Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 2023
1. J Liu, et al. "Simulation Data Driven Design Optimization for Reconfigurable Soft Gripper System" IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters
2.WS Low, et al, "Lower extremity kinematics walking speed classification using long short-term memory neural frameworks" Multimedia Tools and Applications, 1-16
3. FA Nasrallah, et al, "Effect of proprioceptive stimulation using a soft robotic glove on motor activation and brain connectivity in stroke survivors" Journal of neural engineering 18 (6), 066049
4. BWK Ang, CH Yeow, "A Learning-Based Approach to Sensorize Soft Robots" Soft Robotics. 2022
5. ISM Moideen, CT Lim, RCH Yeow, DYR Chong, "Polka dot cementless talar component in enhancing total ankle replacement fixation: A parametric study using the finite element analysis approach", Computers in biology and medicine 141, 105142
6. CK Chan, HN Azah, CH Yeow, SK Goh, HN Ting, K Salmah, "Effects of Squatting Speed and Depth on Lower Extremity Kinematics, Kinetics and Energetics", Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 2250032
7. Huixu Dong, Chao-Yu Chen, Chen Qiu, Chen-Hua Yeow, Haoyong Yu， “GSG: A Granary-shaped Soft Gripper with Mechanical Sensing via Snap-Through Structure” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2022
8. JW Ambrose, NZR Chiang, DSY Cheah, CH Yeow, "Compact Multilayer Extension Actuators for Reconfigurable Soft Robots", Soft Robotics, 2022
9. T Wang, X Fan, JJ Koh, C He, CH Yeow, "Self-Healing Approach toward Catalytic Soft Robots", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2022
10. J Guo, et al, "Three-Dimensional Printable Ball Joints with Variable Stiffness for Robotic Applications Based on Soft Pneumatic Elastomer Actuators"Polymers 14 (17), 3542
11. J Guo, et al, "A Preliminary Study on Grip-Induced Nerve Damage Caused by a Soft Pneumatic Elastomeric Gripper" Polymers 14 (20), 4272
12. A Bhat, JW Ambrose, RCH Yeow， “Ultralow-Latency Textile Sensors for Wearable Interfaces with a Human-in-Loop Sensing Approach” Soft Robotics, 2022
13. Y Sun, H Feng, et al," Powerful 2D Soft Morphing Actuator Propels Giant Manta Ray Robot" Advanced Intelligent System, 2022
1. Sun, Zhongda, et al. "Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) Enabled Virtual Shop Applications Using Self‐Powered Sensor Enhanced Soft Robotic Manipulator." Advanced Science (2021): 2100230.
2. Jin Huat Low,et al. "Sensorized Reconfigurable Soft Robotic Gripper System for Automated Food Handling."IEEE/ASME Transactions On Mechatronics
3. S Sankar, et al "Texture discrimination with a soft biomimetic finger using a flexible neuromorphic tactile sensor array that provides sensory feedback" Soft Robotics 8 (5), 577-587
4.T Calais, et al. "Freeform Liquid 3D Printing of Soft Functional Components for Soft Robotics"ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
5.PM Khin, et al. "Development and Grasp Stability Estimation of Sensorized Soft Robotic Hand" Frontiers in Robotics and AI 8
1. Cheng, Nicholas, et al. "Brain-computer interface-based soft robotic glove rehabilitation for stroke." IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 67.12 (2020): 3339-3351.
2. Sun, Yi, et al. "Fiber pattern optimization for soft robotic pad." Extreme Mechanics Letters 41 (2020): 101055.
3. Sun, Yi, et al. "Static Modeling of the Fiber-Reinforced Soft Pneumatic Actuators Including Inner Compression: Bending in Free Space, Block Force, and Deflection upon Block Force." Soft Robotics (2021).
4. Sun, Zhongda, et al. "Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) Enabled Virtual Shop Applications Using Self‐Powered Sensor Enhanced Soft Robotic Manipulator." Advanced Science (2021): 2100230.
5. Moideen, Irwan SM, et al. "Finite element analysis of bone‐prosthesis interface micromotion for cementless talar component fixation through critical loading conditions." International journal for numerical methods in biomedical engineering 36.3 (2020): e3310.
6. Bhat, Ajinkya, and Raye Chen-Hua Yeow. "Utilizing Sacrificial Molding for Embedding Motion Controlling Endostructures in Soft Pneumatic Actuators." 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS). IEEE, 2020.
1. F.A. Nasrallah, A.Z. Mohamed, M.E. Campbell, H.K. Yap, C.H. Yeow, J.H. Lim. Functional connectivity of brain associated with passive range of motion exercise: Proprioceptive input promoting motor activation?. NeuroImage, 116023, 2019.
2. J. Guo, J.H. Low, X. Liang, S. Lee, Y.R. Wong, C.H. Yeow. A Hybrid Soft Robotic Surgical Gripper System for Delicate Nerve Manipulation in Digital Nerve Repair Surgery. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2019.
3. T. Miller-Jackson, Y. Sun, R. Natividad, C.H. Yeow. Tubular Jamming: A Variable Stiffening Method Toward High-Force Applications with Soft Robotic Components. Soft robotics, 2019.
4. X. Liang, H. Cheong, C.K. Chui, C.H. Yeow. A Fabric-Based Wearable Soft Robotic Limb. Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 2019.
5. J. Guo, J.H. Low, Y.R. Wong, C.H. Yeow. Design and Evaluation of a Novel Hybrid Soft Surgical Gripper for Safe Digital Nerve Manipulation. Micromachines, 2019.
6. L. Qin, X. Liang, H. Huang, C.K. Chui, C.H. Yeow, J. Zhu. A Versatile Soft Crawling Robot with Rapid Locomotion. Soft robotics, 2019.
7. F.Z. Low, J.H. Lim, J. Kapur, C.H. Yeow. Effect of a Soft Robotic Sock Device on Lower Extremity Rehabilitation following Stroke: A Preliminary Clinical Study with Focus on Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention, IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 2019
8. P. M. Khin, , J. H. Low, , M. H. Ang, , C. H.Yeow. Shape Programming Using Triangular and Rectangular Soft Robot Primitives. Micromachines, 2019.
1. N. Cheng, J.H. Low, W.K. Ang, J.Y. Goh, C.H. Yeow. Soft Fabric-based Pneumatic Sensor for Bending Angles and Contact Force Detection. IEEE Sensors, 2018.
2. L. Rosalia, W.K. Ang, C.H. Yeow. Geometry-Based Customization of Bending Modalities for 3D-printed Soft Pneumatic Actuators. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letter, 2018.
3. X. Liang, H. Cheong, Y. Sun, J. Guo, C.K. Chui, C.H. Yeow. Design, Characterization, and Implementation of a Two-DOF Fabric-Based Soft Robotic Arm. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letter, 2018; 3(3):2702-2709.
4. R. F. Natividad, M.R.J. Del Rosario, P.C.Y. Chen, C.H. Yeow. A Reconfigurable Pneumatic Bending Actuator with Replaceable Inflation Modules. Soft Robotics, 2018.
5. A. Fraiszudeen, C.H. Yeow. "Soft actuating sit to stand trainer seat", Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 2018.
1. F.Z. Low, H.H. Tan, J.H. Lim, C.H. Yeow. "Design, characterisation and evaluation of a soft robotic sock device on healthy subjects for assisted ankle rehabilitation", Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 42:1, 26-34, DOI: 10.1080/03091902.2017.1411985.
2. H.K. Yap, F. Nasrallah, J.H. Lim, C.H. Yeow. "Design and Preliminary Feasibility Study of a Soft Robotic Glove for Hand Function Assistance in Stroke Survivors", Frontiers in Neuroscience, 2017; 11:547.
3. W.K. Ang, C.H. Yeow. "A Novel Fold-Based Design Approach towards Printable Soft Robotics using Flexible 3D Printing Materials", Advanced Materials Technologies 2017. (Accepted).
4. T.H. Koh, N. Cheng, H.K. Yap, C.H. Yeow. "Design of a Soft Robotic Elbow Sleeve with Passive and Intent-Controlled Actuation", Frontiers in Neuroscience, 2017; 11:597.
5. M.C.H. Chua and C.H. Yeow. “Design and Characterization of a Soft Robotic Therapeutic Glove for Rheumatoid Arthritis”, Assistive Technology, 2017.
6. Ramachandran, G. K., and C.H. Yeow. “Proton NMR characterization of intact primary and metastatic melanoma cells in 2D & 3D cultures." Biological Research, 50(1), 12. ;
7. Yi Sun, Hong Kai Yap, Xinquan Liang, Jin Guo, Peng Qi, Marcelo H. Ang. Jr and C.H. Yeow. “Stiffness Customization and Patterning for the Property Modulation of Silicone-Based Soft Pneumatic Actuators." Soft Robotics (SoRo)
8. J.H. Low, W.W. Lee, P.M. Khin, N.V. Thakor, S.L. Kukreja, H.L. Ren and C.H. Yeow. “A hybrid tele-manipulation system using a sensorized 3D-printed soft robotic gripper and a soft fabric-based haptic glove." IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2017. 2(2): 880-887.
9. H.K. Yap, P.M. Khin, T.H. Koh, Y. Sun, X. Liang, J.H. Lim and C.H. Yeow. “A Fully Fabric-Based Bidirectional Soft Robotic Glove for Assistance and Rehabilitation of Hand Impaired Patients”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2017; 2(3):1383-1390.
10. Yi Sun, Xinquan Liang, Hong Kai Yap, Jiawei Cao, Marcelo H. Ang, and C.H. Yeow. “Force Measurement Toward the Instability Theory of Soft Pneumatic Actuators”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2, No. 2 (2017): 985-992.
1. Ramachandran, G.K., Yong, W.P.,and C.H. Yeow. “Identification of Gastric Cancer Biomarkers Using 1H Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometry. Plos One 2016; 11(9)
2. M.C.H. Chua and C.H. Yeow. “Effects of Mattress Material on Body Pressure Profiles in Different Sleeping Postures”, Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 5.3 (2016)
3. H.K. Yap, N. Kamaldin, F. Nasrallah, J.H. Lim, J.C.H. Goh and C.H. Yeow. “A Magnetic Resonance Compatible Soft Wearable Robotic Glove for Hand Rehabilitation and Brain Imaging”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2016.
4. V.W.L. Mak, J.H. Low, M.C.H. Chua and C.H. Yeow. “Effects of visual feedback on motion mimicry ability during video-based rehabilitation.” Cogent Medicine, 2016.
5. H.K. Yap, H.Y. Ng and C.H. Yeow. “High-Force Soft Printable Pneumatics for Soft Robotic Applications.” Soft Robotics. 2016.
6. J.C. Yeo, H.K. Yap, W. Xi, Z. Wang, C.H. Yeow, and C.T. Lim. “Flexible and stretchable strain sensing actuator for wearable soft robotics application.” Advanced Materials Technologies, 2016. [ Journal Front Cover ]
7. H.K. Yap, J.H. Lim, J.C.H. Goh, and C.H. Yeow. “Design of a Soft Robotic Glove for Hand Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients with Clenched Fist Deformity using Inflatable Plastic Actuators.” ASME Journal of Medical Devices, 2016; 10(4):0445041.
8. H.K. Yap, J.H. Lim, F. Nasrallah, J.C.H. Goh, and C.H. Yeow. “Characterization and Evaluation of Soft Elastomeric Actuators for Hand Assistive and Rehabilitation Applications.” Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 2016; 40(4):199-209.
9. H.K. Yap, J.C.H. Goh and C.H. Yeow. “A Low-Profile Soft Robotic Sixth-Finger for Grasp Compensation in Hand-Impaired Patients.” ASME Journal of Medical Devices, 2016; 10(3):030914.
10. J.H. Low and C.H. Yeow. “Rod-based Fabrication of Customizable Soft Robotic Pneumatic Gripper Devices for Delicate Tissue Manipulation.” Journal of Visualized Experiments, 2016.
11. F.Z. Low, H.H. Tan, J.H. Lim, and C.H. Yeow. “Development of a Soft Pneumatic Sock for Robot-assisted Ankle Exercise.” ASME Journal of Medical Devices 10(1):014503-014503-5.
1. Y.C. Liu and C.H. Yeow. "A Portable Soft Hand Exerciser with Variable Elastic Resistance for Rehabilitation & Strengthening of Finger, Wrist & Hand". ASME Journal of Medical Devices 9(3):030920-030920-3.
2. S. Suresh, Y.C. Liu, and C.H. Yeow. "Development of a Wearable EEG Device for Anxiety Monitoring". ASME Journal of Medical Devices 2015; 9(3):030917- 030917-3.
3. H. Mokhtarzadeh, A. Ng, C.H. Yeow, D. Oetomo, F. Malekipour, and P.V. Lee. "Restrained tibial rotation may prevent ACL injury during landing at different flexion angles". Knee 22(1):24-9.
1. J.H. Low, I. Delgado-Martinez, and C.H. Yeow. "Customizable soft pneumatic chamber-gripper devices for delicate surgical manipulation." ASME Journal of Medical Devices 2014. 8(4), 044504.
2. C.H. Yeow, A.T. Baisch, S.G. Talbot, and C.J. Walsh. "Cable-driven finger exercise device with extension return springs for recreating standard therapy exercises." ASME Journal of Medical Devices 2013. 8(1), 014502.
1. L.C. Hernandez-Barraza, G. Krishnan, J.H. Low, and C.H. Yeow. "The biomechanics of ACL injury: progresses toward prophylactic strategies." Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering 2013. 41(4-5), 309-321.
2. H. Mokhtarzadeh, C.H. Yeow, J.C.H. Goh, D. Oetomo, F. Malekipour, and P.V.S. Lee. "Contributions of the soleus and gastrocnemius muscles to the anterior cruciate ligament loading during single-leg landing." Journal of Biomechanics. 14 April 2013. (Accepted) (Cited in ‘The Age’ newspaper, Australia)
1. Y. Liu, S.H. Teoh, M.S. Chong, C.H. Yeow, R. Kamm, M. Choolani, and J. Chan. "Contrasting effects of vasculogenic induction upon biaxial bioreactor stimulation of mesenchymal stem cells and endothelial progenitor cells cocultures in 3d scaffolds under in vitro and in vivo paradigms for vascularized bone tissue engineering." Tissue Eng Part A. 2012 Oct 26
2. C.H. Yeow. "Hamstrings and quadriceps muscle contributions to energy generation and dissipation at the knee joint during stance, swing and flight phases of level running." Knee. 2012 Sep 26. doi:pii: S0968-0160(12)00158-5. 10.1016/j.knee.2012.09.006.
3. Z. Yang, Y. Zou, X.M. Guo, H.S. Tan, V. Denslin, C.H. Yeow, X.F. Ren, T.M. Liu, J.H. Hui, and E.H. Lee. "Temporal activation of ß-catenin signaling in the chondrogenic process of mesenchymal stem cells affects the phenotype of the cartilage generated." Stem Cells and Development